Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Hoarders

 If you didn't know this, there is a reality TV show called "Hoarders".  My husband & I watch this show in amazement that people can live their life among filth.  This show definitely gives me a desire to turn off the TV and clean my house!  The people I have seen are more than just collectors of stuff, or even accumulate a few piles of clutter in their home. If this were simply the case, I would be guilty!  In all of the episodes I have seen, the hoarders are dealing with depression resulting from a deep loss in their life. Not only have they lost a loved one or lost a dream they had, but they have lost a grip on life itself. Then their days turn into weeks which turn into years where they stop to do their daily chores to make their home comfortable.  The show has some expert counseling organizer come in that helps the home owner understand that their situation is not healthy and they need to rid of the stuff to enjoy their home again.  Again, in every episode I have seen, family members are also brought in to help clean and help encourage their loved one.  Quite often, the visiting family member has to step outside because they are so overwhelmed by the living situation.  They can not believe that their loved one is living in such horrible conditions.  I've seen people break down crying because they did not realize how bad things had become.     I was recently thinking that if someone took us to visit our loved ones and we could actually SEE the sin hoarding in the lives of our loved ones, we too would break down & cry and say "Oh, I didn't know their problem was THIS bad!"    I am not at all pointing a finger at others.  I completely know I have my own sins.   The more I read God's Word, I am convicted. Not just to the point that I say "Ouch.  That is a sin that I deal with and go my own way."   If I am to believe that God's Word is true, then I need to be a doer and not just a hearer only.  I have to change.  I HAVE TO CHANGE.  If I read verses over and over that tell me that I am to help the poor......then,  I need to help the poor.  If I read verses over and over that tell me to love others......then, I need to love others.  Not just pick & choose who I want to love, and not just love those that I have something in common with.  When God said we are to love others, He meant to love every single person that has a soul that God sent His Son to die for.....black, white,brown, yellow, red, purple.....ha ha, there's no purple people....just wanted to  see if you are actually reading this!  What are we saying to God when we choose not to obey?  James 1:21-25 "Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.  But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if any be a hearer of the Word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.  But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed."  OH! How I want to be blessed! Don't you?   Bible study author Beth Moore says it best..."The reason we stay in bondage to our sins is simply because we DELIBERATELY choose not to obey.  We choose not to live what we have learned from God's Word."

Oh, Lord.....the One that loves me more than any other person.  There's nothing that comes close.  You don't just love me....but You love each and every person.  That amazes me.  People that do not love You back.  People that disregard You, disrespect You, and yet, you still love them.  Once again, I ask You to help me love those same people.  Don't let me give up hope on them.  Give me Your words to be an encouragement and lead them to the cross.  The greatest decision I ever made was to trust Christ.  He has guided me in the rest of the decisions and I know He can do that for every person.  I choose to trust Christ every day.  Fill me with Your Holy Spirit that I will also choose every decision to be for the glory of my Saviour.  This world is not easy.  I am left in tears most days.  I understand when I asked You to break my heart for what breaks Yours, this is what I should expect.  You have changed my heart.  The things I knew in my head, are now in my heart.  Now, Lord, bless me with the talents & abilities & resources to use my hands & feet for You.  Help the hurting dear Lord.  Provide for our needs.  Protect us in our travels.  Give us wisdom to know what to say and when to say it.  In these times when people are quick to speak and say things that are hurtful, may I be different and represent You by being slow to speak and slow to anger.  Thank you for blessing us so abundantly.  In the name of Jesus my Lord & Savior, I pray.  Amen!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to this great man of spirit called Dr Samura which I don't know how to thank him for the good work he has Don for me and family which I want to share my testimony with to you all so I was married to Hassan Moel and my name is Julie deshields for six years now he left me with two kids with know reason which I don't know what to do.so one day i was in my friends place when I exposed my pain to her about my depression which I have be looking for who to help me out of it then my friend called me closer to her self telling me on how she got this great man of spirit who helped her found her way to get her husband back then I ask of his contact she quickly go and get her computer and gave me his Email ID and his number so,that is how I contacted him for a help. And now am so happy with my family and with a happy home if you are in such pain kindly Via Email SAMURATELLERSPELL100@YAHOO.COM or call +2347030410643 have faith in him and he will help you
    Julie Deshields.



    ReplyDelete