Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Do you really want my opinion?

Everyone these days wants to give their opinion....and they believe their opinion is right.  You can find people's opinions all over the internet, on TV, or simply by listening to the gossip of others.  A friend of mine said that when she had her baby, she was given advice(opinions) from everyone and it drove her crazy!  Even kids today are more opinionated than they used to be.  Perhaps that is why we have more problems with bullying & harassment & well,  even depression.   People feel that it is their right to speak up and tell what is really on their mind.  They do this without the consideration of the feelings of others.  I constantly read & hear of people referring to others as stupid & idiots.  Does this make God pleased to hear us talk like this?  Oh Lord, break my heart for what breaks Yours!   Philippians 2:3 "Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory (selfish ambition or conceit); but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than themselves."  It seems like there are so many big ego's all around and very little encouraging anymore. 

The Bible has plenty to say about this.  Since this blog is mainly for me.....remember I am doing this study for myself first of all.  For those of my friends that read it, I pray God's Word lovingly reminds us that we need to be careful with our speech, attitude & opinions of others.  Christianity is about being like Christ.....not people being like me.  So, let us take the time to read the following verses.

Romans 14:12-14 "So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. Let us not therefore judge one another anymore: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way."
2 Timothy 3:1-5 "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come, for men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof; from such turn away."
James 3:8 "But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similtude of God. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing.  My brethren, these things ought not so to be."
James 4:11 "Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his own brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but it thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.  There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?"
Philippians 2:14 "Do all things without murmurings  and disputings; That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst  of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights of the world"
1 Peter 4:9 "Use hospitality one to another without grudging."
Hebrews 3:13 "But exhort one another daily, while it is called Today; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin."
1 Thessalonians 5:11 "Wherefore comfort(encourage)yourselves together, and edify (build up) one another, even as also ye do.

Lord, I adore You with all my heart.  You created each of us for a special purpose.  Help me to see others as you see them.  When I disagree with another person, give me the words to say that are gentle & kind, or help me to keep my opinions to myself and change my heart to see the truth.  Thank You Lord for Your Word and may it live in me everyday that others may see that I am Your child. Help me to apply this study today to my life.  Help me to show love to others that are difficult to love.  Let me love people because You created them and You love them too.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment